Friday 19 December 2008

I wrote a short story. You should read it.

Today was one of the worst days according to the mind that I had just acquired in the past hour. I believe her parting words were “Oh, please help me God!” Obviously her little “Lord on high” didn’t receive her phone call 911. I chuckled. Her mind was different than other minds, souls, whatever you want to call them, than I have taken. It actually wanted to fight against me. That was what made me laugh. Her, that tiny speck of dust to me, fighting me, the sole reason people don’t go out after the sunset falls. It was simply ludicrous, that idea. It just made me laugh more as I glided my way through the dead of the black night.

The next mind I was going to take was even more special, or so said my senses. Why was this mind so special? Meh, I couldn’t care. All those mortal human minds were the same to me.

God dammit, shut up lady! I don’t care about your stupid damn boyfriend. This new mind I had was definitely a pain in the ass. Hopefully this next one wouldn’t be so annoying.

Finally, I reached the destination. My form shape-shifted into someone “normal”. I scaled the house up to my next victim’s room, which for some reason, I knew exactly where it was at. I kicked the window with the human left foot, and the boy in the Toy Story bed sheets rustled. He rubbed his eyes, and looked at the window I was in. He got up out of his bed and opened the shaft.

“…Matt? What are you doing?” Yawn. “It’s like, three in the morning.” Shit, shit, shit. I disguised as one of his friends?! That was a problem. I don’t even know the kid’s fucking name, let alone how his friend would act. Fucking hell, there goes that bitch again.

“Shut up! You are fucking annoying!”

“…What?” I bit the human lip.....

“What? Oh, nothing. Sorry. Let’s sneak out.”.

“…What? Why?” This was getting me a little pissed.

“Oh come on! Have some fun.” My eyes stared at him while the multiple minds in my head were searching his surroundings to find his name. Aha! His name was Zach. I guess it was on his wall of “achievements” or some shit like that.

“But we…have school tomorrow.” For Christ’s sake, this kid was a bitch too.

“Zach, come on!”

“No.” This was slowly getting on my nerves. I eased my way toward him, and rubbed the human temples on my disguise with the human fingers.

Zach, come on. I’ve had enough of this.” My voice seemed to have reverted back to my actual sound. I inferred this from his face. It was pale white.

“Matt…what the hell is with your voice?!”

“For God’s fucking sake, I am not Matt! Don’t you get it, you stupid shit? I came for you. Your mind. Now this can be done easy, or hard. Let me have it and nothing else will go bad.” I was officially angered.

“…W-what?! No! Never!” His eyes were huge. I could sense his very few chest hairs rising.

“My senses say you’re special, or at least, your mind is. Let’s see what inside that mind, shall we?” I reached the human hand out, pointing toward his human forehead, beginning to slice it open.

You see, that “Sylar” character from “Heroes” on that human television you guys watch was to portray my doing. I am evil. I am a monster. But unlike “Sylar”, I never had the choice. I was born a monster.

“Get…off…of…me!” Then all of a sudden the human hand was forced away from his mind. It wasn’t even a physical push. No physical movement could stop me from getting the minds I wanted. No, it was more of a mental push. I think he has a telepathic sort of shield to his mind. How glorious! I must acquire this power. My hunger for his mind is growing.

I need to act fast. I need his mind. I want it. This bitch in here is pissing me off as well. So I change back to my lifeless form of nothing. He stares blankly. The only way I could think of to acquire his mind was to physically kill him, but that’s how I rationalized everything I did. I always thought of the killing first.

My dark eyes scan his room. Trophy case, perfect. My power forces him to hit the case, knocking him useless for a few minutes at least. Didn’t kill him like I was hoping, but still he was useless enough for me to get his mind.

The process didn’t take long, taking his mind. I took it before he would miss it. His power and his mind were both mine. The job was done. I left before even the other humans in his house would notice a difference.

I am on the street again now, looking for my next prey. I am the world’s deadliest predator, and everyone is my prey. I am a monster.

I am your worst nightmare.

2 comments:

JeremyTheNerd said...

Perfection.
Enough said.
=D

Gina said...

Fantastic story.
And guess what?
It was written on my birthday!
w00t!
<3,
Gina